Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stopping in at Work on a Lucky Goodwill Day

I've been working double hours the past three weeks, as it was technically my summer vacation and what better to do with my free time than work extra hard?  

Hey, I'm trying to make aerial dreams come true here, which as it turns out are not cheap. So lots of work it is!

Slippers always asks me if I have had the dream of endless piles of clothes crushing me yet, which I have not and I always laugh at him about it. I usually only work 3 days out of the week, because I'm still in school full time and trying to be legit pro dancer lady, so that takes up a lot of time too. Not to mention this blog and other various projects I have going on.

Just a regular two or three days worth of work

I have no idea how I could dream about piles of clothes crushing me. Incidentally this is an entirely different pile of shoes than the one above. 

Anyway, after working 5-6 days in a row for three weeks, I am kind of starting to see how having one of those dreams is possible. The work, as ideal as it is for me, kind of drags after a bit. The other day, in order to distract my brain from the monotony, I wrote this little poem while I was listing my 50th pair of shoes on eBay.
This is the pile of shoes to still be listed. Believe it or not this is when things are under control.


Whose room this is I think I know
Their real home is outside of here though
They won't see me sigh in despair
As I watch this room fill up with endless clothes 

That Fucking Cat must think it unfair
To find me always sitting in her chair
Between the clothes and other vintage crap
That I can't believe people pay to wear

TFC refuses to sit in my lap
While on the keyboard I tap
The only other sound's the peep
of NPR and Ira Glass

The piles are endless, tall, and deep
For I have work to do for cheap
And Levi's to list before I sleep
And Levi's to list before I sleep

It's true. Me and That Fucking Cat have had a strained relationship ever since she made Natasha Wang think I was a bed wetter. And now she hates me for stealing her napping chair. And torturing her by petting her fluffiness all the time. How evil of me. 

Seriously though. It never ends. 



Disclaimer: I do not actually think I work for cheap. It was just good for the rhyme (of which is another thing I am obviously really good at doing). I probably get paid way too much the perfect amount for the work I do. I am extremely appreciative of the job I have as I could not find a more flexible schedule and antisocial work. It's basically perfect for me. Also sometimes Viv feeds me leftovers or even gives me mixed drinks in the middle of the day and is the perfect role model, which is always my favorite thing. 

Also I totally could have drawn things but school has started up again and holy crap do you see how chaotic this stuff is? I'm FAR too lazy to be that detailed. It literally would have just been scribbles and maybe me making a weird frowny face. 


…I mean. That's what I usually draw. But this would have been especially lazy. I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Are these all of your clothes??! Or do you work for someone who gives you the merchandise up front? Or are you at their place? I'm asking because I need a part time job too:-)

    ReplyDelete